Pushkar fair will be conducted in the October month of 2010. If you are planning a visit you must book a hotel in advance to avoid any problems.
The best place to stay in Pushkar:
During the fair many new resorts and desert camps are open up which are closed the rest of the year. Royal desert camp and Pushkar Resort are most popular amongst the travelers.
If you are on a budget, it is advisable to stay in an Ashram which are usually cheap and affordable. Ashrams are religious establishments which offer accommodation to pilgrims. One must adhere to rules and regulations that do not hurt religious sentiments.
List of good Ashrams:
Here is a list of some of the finest and cheap places where you can stay:
- Pipa Ashram
List of good hotels: Here is a list of best hotels in the city.
- Seven hotel
- Hotel Peacock
- Sunset point hotel
- Desert camp
Pushkar fair attractions: Some of the amazing attractions of the fair are listed below:
- The stalls and small handicraft shops.
- Camels and local villagers who sell and buy stuff in the market.
- Games conducted by the district administration in the ground.
- Events organized by the local government which include calling famous singers and performers to perform religious songs.
- Lights and decoration at the lake.
- Main market and shops.
- Small restaurants set up close to the bus stand. Here you can enjoy the local dishes for a very less price.
- Temples located in the city and nearby places.
- Newly constructed old city